In New Jersey, if you get caught violating any traffic rules or regulations, you will be handed over a ticket as a penalty to pay for the violation. Now you may have to visit the nearest court to pay the fine, and that can be a hassle for someone who could barely find extra time from their busy schedule.
And for such peoples, NJMCdirect is the fastest and convenient way to pay a traffic ticket and enquire about municipal complaints online with the comfort of their home.
It’s a secured platform that allows payments on all municipal matters and charges only 3% fees for the services offered. So, if this is the first time you are going to use NJMCdirect for either viewing or paying your ticket or other municipal inquires, below we have a detailed guide on how you can proceed with the portal without hitting a snag.
- 1 What is NJMCdirect?
- 2 How to Use NJMCdirect Website to Pay Traffic Tickets Online?
What is NJMCdirect?
We thought before you head over to the website, it’s important for you to know more about the NJMCdirect and how does it work technically.
In simple words, NJMCdirect is an online facility provided by the New Jersey Municipal Court that allows you to pay traffic ticket penalties online without having to worry about visiting the local court. Here on this portal, not only you can pay fine but also enquire for the municipal complaints if you have any.
There are two types of traffic laws violations, namely moving and parking which you can get into, and in either case, you will be given a ticket that should be paid before the due date. You get to choose how you are going to pay the fine, by rushing to the court or using the NJMCdirect website.
Well, the majority will opt for the latter option because why would anyone wants to leave their house for the job which can be done from the comfort of their bedroom. There will also be peoples who think that they aren’t tech-savvy like others, so it’s better to go to the court by themselves and pay the traffic ticket. But we would like to tell you that you don’t have to be an avid internet user for accessing the NJMCdirect portal – yes, you heard it correct.
The interface is fairly easy to use, and in the next section, we are going to show you how to pay traffic ticket penalties using NJMCdirect with ease.
How to Use NJMCdirect Website to Pay Traffic Tickets Online?
There are not any necessary prerequisites for using the NJMCdirect but make sure that you have an active and stable internet connection to access the online portal.
Note: As per the official website if you choose to pay using NJMCdirect, you will have to pay a 3% fee for the service. It’s worth it because by not having the need to locate and visit the court, you are saving yourself a lot of time, and that’s valuable in every aspect.
To get started, navigate to the URL www.njmcdirect.com, and you’ll be redirected to the official portal. From there you can choose Traffic Ticket or Municipal Complaint according to your need. Before entering the required details, make sure that you are making the fine payment under the online payment hours of the Municipal Court of New Jersey. If you are already headed over to the website, you may have seen the list of the NJMCdirect online payment hours on the right side of the portal. Kindly adhere to the timings listed if you don’t want to get into any technical glitches.
For Traffic Ticket:
The details that you’ll be required to provide to pay the ticket online are as follows:
Court ID/ Name – Every city has different municipal court codes in order to help drivers to interpret their driver’s abstract and to check where driving violations occurred. It’s a four-digit numeric number that should be printed on your ticket.
Ticket Prefix – The ticket prefix is a three-digit alphanumeric number that is mentioned next to the court code. Also, one thing that you need to keep in mind is that some tickets cannot be paid online. If on your ticket it’s clearly stated that court appearance is required for the violator, you may require to visit the court for that. For any help regarding how you should pay the fine, you can call the court if needed.
Ticket Number – Ticket number is a unique six-digit number that should be printed right after the ticket prefix.
License Plate Number – It’s your (driver’s) vehicle license plate number.
Now once you know what all details are required to pay traffic tickets online and what they mean, input all those information correctly and hit the green Search button. Next, you will be directed to a new screen where you can find the electronic version of your ticket online.
Select the preferred method to pay the fine, and proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the payment. And that’s all you have to do.
For Municipal Complaint:
For accessing your municipal complaint online, you can make use of this option. Below is the list of the information you will require to proceed:
- Court ID/Name
- Complaint Number
If your complaint number doesn’t have a year after the prefix, enter the year of the offense date.
- Additional Search Criteria
Enter the asked details and hit the Search button. Now follow the on-screen instructions to get through the process.
How to Perform Case Search?
NJMCdirect also facilitates Case Search option if in case you don’t know your Ticket Number/Municipal Complaint. This section deals with the Municipal Court Case Search (MCCS.) It allows users to look up municipal traffic inquiries or complaint information online with convenience and ease. For performing Case Search, you should have one of the following available with you:
- Ticket Number
- Complaint Number
- Drivers License Number
- Name (FML)
NJMCDirect Portal – Payment Requirements
If an individual desires to clear all his or her traffic tickets by using NJ Ticket Prefix Code, then he or she requires certain things. You require to arrange all the things before paying the traffic tickets via NJMCDirect Portal.
Here you need some important things to pay the fines via NJ ticket prefix code. Make sure that all these essential credentials are kept ready for using the NJ ticket prefix code from ticket service. Here we have gathered some vital things which you have to keep ready before paying online.
- Traffic Ticket- A traffic ticket is one of the vital requirements that you need to have. This traffic ticket is the legal one to use as proof. Whenever an individual violates the traffic rules, the officers give a traffic ticket. The traffic ticket contains the court ID, types of violation, and ticket number as well. So, without all this information, you can’t proceed to clear your traffic fines.
- License Plate Number- You will need the license plate number while clearing up your ticket fines through this online portal. You can easily get your license plate number on the driving license. You can even get the number below the vehicle information.
- Credit Card- Paying the traffic tickets via the NJMCDirect portal is completely online. So, for the payment procedure, you generally require your Debit Card or VISA Card or Credit card or MasterCard.
- NJMCDirect Operation Hours- Payment through NJMCDirect is too easy, but an individual should know the operation hours of it. It is not available for 24 hours. This website is open from Monday to Thursday (7.30 AM to 11.45 AM). On Friday, it is open from 7.30 AM to 10.30 AM, and on Saturday, it is open from 7.30 AM to 3.45 PM. On Sunday, it is between 1 PM to 11.45 PM.
- Internet Connection is mandatory- You can use your smartphone, PC, laptop, tablet with robust internet access for paying the fines.
How To Pay NJMCDirect Traffic Tickets?
Make sure to go through these hassle-free steps to pay NJMCDirect Traffic Ticket online:
- Visit the official website of NJMCDirect.com. Here you can pay your traffic ticket or any parking ticket by 24/7 payment policy.
- After that, navigate to the left-hand side of the website. Here you will see the duration of paying fines.
- While sitting to pay the fines online, please ensure to amass all the important documents, which you have received from NJ traffic police.
- These vital documents are as follows:
- Traffic ticket number
- Ticket Prefix
- License Plate number
- Court ID
- Hit the ‘Search’ button after accumulating all the necessary documents.
- Once you add all the detailed information, you will get the submitting option of the documents on this page.
- Hit the ‘continue’ button once you put up all the necessary details.
- NJMCDirect is providing you with the desired method of paying the fines such as credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- If you crave more paying options, then have a look at the back of traffic tickets. Here you will see various significant details about different types of paying methods.
NJMCDirect Ticket Payment Portal
- NJMCDirect provides its users with a hassle-free payment of traffic fees. Just go through the online portal and follow some brief steps to complete your payment.
- Traffic police of New Jersey gives you a prefix code whenever you are contravening the parking or traffic rules. With the help of this prefix code, you can pay all your fines online.
Moreover, this online transaction process is encrypted, and thus, it curtails all the hassles of visiting a court. However, NJMCDirect can be accessed globally.
- The online transaction with NJMCDirect is fast and easy in contrast to the manual mode. They provide acute safety guarantees. This ticket payment portal makes life simpler for its customers. This is because it is the most comprehensible online platform for fine payments.
We all are well-aware of the fact that traffic violation is usually considered a crime even though you violated it accidentally. For violation of traffic rules, you require to pay a traffic fine.
However, for clearing out the traffic tickets or fines, you just need to go to the court, but with NJMCDirect, you can easily pay your traffic tickets online. NJMCDirect is the online portal for clearing all the traffic tickets while sitting at home.
Benefits of using NJMCdirect
If this is the first time you are using NJMCdirect to pay your traffic ticket online, then you must be curious to know what all benefits are there that you get by using this portal. Well, there’s not an exhaustive list but a few advantages of viewing or paying traffic ticket/municipal complaints online via NJMCdirect.
Fast and Secure: Whenever we are asked to make a transaction online, especially on the websites we aren’t familiar with, the first thought that pops on our head is if the portal is secure and reliable enough to use the credit card details or not. Well, with NJMCdirect, we can assure you that it’s highly secure and safe to pay your fine without having to worry about your personal data. Since it’s an official web portal by New Jersey Municipal Court, you can trust it.
Easy to use: The user interface of NJMCdirect is easy to navigate and shouldn’t cause any problems even for a layman. All you will be needed to do is enter the asked information that you can find on the traffic ticket you’ve been given by the traffic cops, and then there will be some self-explanatory instructions to follow to get you through the online payment.
Convenience: Doing the task from the ease and comfort of your home that usually requires a lot of hassle including going to the court, is the main benefit that you get by paying through NJMCdirect for your traffic ticket fine.
What are Surcharges?
Since this article is all about NJMCdirect, which is an online facility to pay and view traffic tickets/ municipal complaints, we thought it’s important to introduce you with surcharges as well.
A surcharge, as the term sounds like, is a fine that is assessed and charged by New Jersey Surcharge Violation System (NJSVS) on an annual basis to the drivers having excessive points for traffic violations and other serious road offenses such as driving while intoxicated and driving while suspended.
Now the only reason to include this section is to let you know that your driver’s record matters a lot and gets reviewed annually so make sure that you aren’t accumulating any more points by committing traffic offenses. Furthermore, if you want to know how much surcharge you may receive depending on your violation points, you can check that on the official website of the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission.
The super attractive intuitive interface of NJMCDirect does not let you down when making an online payment. Therefore, paying a fee online is the most desirous way to get rid of hassles. The choice will be yours if you want to pay manually by visiting courts or a fuss-free paying ticket online!
NJMCDirect set up the rechecking payment details for 90 days while envisioning your issues. More importantly, there is a contact number to eliminate all your queries. Now quickly login to the official website and get rid of fines after paying successfully.
And that’s all for this detailed article; we hope it helped you with your queries regarding NJMCdirect and its use. If you still have any questions you think are uncovered, feel free to let us know so we can add them as well.