NJ Surcharge Payment: New Jersey court has established a system of paying surcharges every time if any traffic rule violation has been observed. Awareness is mandatory if you are unfamiliar with the surcharge payment system.
This article will help you to pay New Jersey surcharge bills online at its official online portal without paying any indemnity. New Jersey Surcharge Violation System (NJSVS) provides acute help to all the denizens of New Jersey regarding this surcharge payment.
Therefore, you can clear all the NJ DMV surcharge bills online. However, in case, you do not know the reason behind getting surcharged, stick to last, to accumulate various information. NJMCDirect is a significant online portal whereby providing the NJ prefix code; you will be free from any NJ ticket fines.
What is NJ Surcharge?
New Jersey Surcharge system is a detailed program under the NJMVC authority. The surcharge system is nothing but to acquire additional fees about 2 to 3 times extra. These additional fees are levied to the persons for traffic rule contravention such as over speeding, parking tickets, and so on.
Well, this surcharge is an additional requirement of fee collection that the department imposes on the original traffic ticket. The NJ Surcharge mandated this system to the NJMVC department to fetch extra revenue for the state budget.
Most importantly, this is what you need to know:
“The NJ Surcharge is a contravention fine that is assessed by the NJ Surcharge Violation System. Such an evaluation takes place on a yearly basis.”
Who is evaluated for NJ Surcharge?
Well, the drivers are hereby evaluated:
- A driver possesses vast traffic points for contravening rules and regulations.
- A driver found guilty in court for driving in a besotted condition.
- A driver found guilty due to driving with his/her suspended license.
How to pay NJ Surcharge Online?
The process of paying surcharge is hassle-free and expeditious. Follow these simple steps to pay online:
- Go through the official website of NJ Surcharge at njsurcharge.com.
- Here you have to key in the significant information. The web page will provide you innumerable options to choose from. You have to provide all the credentials such as your license number, judgment number, and surcharge number.
- After providing these details, make sure to fill up your birth date in the corresponding field.
- Once you are done, simply hit the ‘submit’ button and go through the information provided on the screen.
Now your surcharge amount will appear to the screen which you have to pay. Moreover, the NJ surcharge will demonstrate to you the reason for which it has been levied to your record.
Therefore, with the help of a credit card or debit card, you can pay online surcharges in a hassle-free way.
What are the other ways of paying NJ Surcharges?
These are the other methods available for paying surcharges:
- You can either choose a credit or debit card or an e-check to pay via the online portal.
- In case you have been going through network disruptions, pay via a call using your debit or credit card. For this reason, make sure to call at this toll-free number: (844) 424-6829
- You can pay offline via Western Union Office situated in New Jersey or any part of the country.
- Moreover, you can send a money order or cheque to this address: NJSVS, P.O. Box 1502, Moorestown, NJ 08057-9704.
How is NJ Surcharge calculated?
Calculation of NJ Surcharge befalls only when you have made acute offenses and that is why traffic points are getting added to your license. The NJ Surcharge Violation system go through a quick review and charge additional fines. Here what you have to pay:
- For more than 6 points with 3 years from the previous contravention: You will have to pay $150 and an extra $25 for each point you gain above 6 points.
- If caught red-handed driving without a license or an expired license, you have to pay $100 surcharge per year for the consecutive 3 years. Therefore, you will pay a summation of $300.
- For driving with a suspended license, you will have to pay $250 per year for 3 years. Therefore, the amount will be a total of $750.
- A without insured moped will confiscate a surcharge of $100 per year for up to 3 years. So, you need to pay $300.
- For an uninsured vehicle, NJSVS will seize $250 per year for up to 3 years. You will pay a total of $750.
- Driving in an intoxicated state, for the first and second time, you will have to pay $1000 per year for up to 3 years. Therefore, a total of $3000 will pay.
- In the case of your third DWI, you have to pay $1500 per year for up to 3 years. Therefore, a total of $4500 will pay.
- If you deny performing a blood alcohol concentration measurement test, NJ will compel to pay you $1000 yearly for up to 3 years, totaling to $3000.
Due to the huge surcharges, many licenses were suspended after failing to pay huge dollars which those poor people cannot afford. But once traffic contravention is observed, NJ will impose surcharges on you.